Compare Quotes
Renters Insurance

Many renters believe that if something happens in their rented apartment or house in Fridley, MN, the landlord's homeowner's insurance policy will cover it. There are some things that the landlord's insurance will cover, such as structural damage due to fire, storms or floods. It will also cover them if a guest slips and falls on the property. However, when it comes to the things that you own, which means the most to you, your landlord's insurance can't help you. This is why it is so important to take out a renter's insurance policy. There are several benefits of having this type of coverage in your Minnesota rented home.

Theft Protection

If your Minnesota rented home is broken into, your landlord's homeowner's insurance will cover any damage to the home made by the intruder, but it won't cover the things that they steal. If you take out a renter's insurance policy with Davis Insurance Agency Inc., you will be compensated for the things that were stolen during the break-in.

Fire Protection

If there is a fire in your home, your landlord's insurance will pay to rebuild. Any items of yours that were destroyed would not be covered. The only way to be sure that you won't lose everything you own in a fire is to take out a renter's insurance policy. This type of protection is essential in starting over after a devastating fire.

Personal Liability

If a guest is injured on the property due to the landlord's negligence, they would be liable in a lawsuit. If a guest in injured in your rented home and it is your fault, you would be help responsible. For example, if you have a dog and it bites a guest, you would be responsible. If you have a renter's insurance policy, it would cover the cost of the guest's injuries. Even if you are a renter, personal liability insurance through a renter's insurance policy is essential.

Natural Disaster Protection

If a natural disaster such as a tornado, hurricane, or wildfire damages or destroys your personal belongings, the loss would not be covered under your landlord's homeowner's insurance policy. The only way to be sure that your belongings will be covered is to take out a renter's insurance policy. The policy would pay to replace anything in your rented property that has been damaged or destroyed.

The first thing that you should do after signing your rental agreement is to contact Davis Insurance Agency Inc. in Fridley, MN. We can set you up with a renter's insurance policy that will give you the protection you need. To get a quote or learn about the policies available, give us a call today.

Our Carriers

  • Allstate
  • Bristol West
  • Dairyland
  • Encompass
  • Foremost
  • Kemper
  • Met life Auto and Home
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • State Auto
  • Stillwater
  • Travelers